Plus One (1) makes Eleven (11)! Count ’em!
Alexis Rowell tell us why in this post at Transition Culture. Here’s the list:
- Nuclear power is too expensive
- New nuclear power stations won’t be ready in time
- Nuclear does not and will not safeguard our energy security
- Nuclear power is not green
- Nuclear power will do little to reduce our carbon emissions
- Nuclear power stations are inefficient
- Plane crashes are a risk to nuclear power stations
- Nuclear power kills
- It’s a myth that renewables cannot provide baseload
- Global expansion could lead to new nuclear security risks
- And we still have no idea what to do with nuclear waste
Here’s what we need to do:
- Energy efficiency
- Renewables (and possibly Combined Heat & Power in urban areas if we can find enough non-fossil fuels to run it)
- Tradable Energy Quotas (TEQs)
Read the full post to find out more.
Thanks for your attention, your most precious resource . . . and ours.